Followers

Sunday 1 June 2014

Altered Canvas- Two versions

 
Hello Friends!
Hope you all are doing fine. Its Sketch Challenge this fortnight at Lulupu. So I decided to make canvas following the same sketch. Here I have the pictures of the two versions I made.

For this canvas I decided to go with colour gradient concept. Most of the embellishments you see here are recycled. I made use of some beads, silicon balls(from handbag), a metal chain from old wallet and handmade flowers.
The colour gradient was achieved using paints and Lindys sprays and a mix of Lindys spray pigment and gesso.

 
This is the other version of the same canvas which I attempted. This is my first try ever at a canvas so I thought of messing things up! Lol!
For this one it was a tough job since the new colours could not come out well on the dark colours of the previous version. For this look I tried gesso, paints and Lindys sprays and magicals.
 
Submitting to-
Hope you like it.
Please leave your comments.
 

15 comments:

  1. WOW!! This is gorgeous!! I love the things you used too-like the silicon beads-that is so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful love the colours and huge flowers :)

    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super gorgeous Project!!! Love the colors and great use of all the embellishments :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They both look good! LOVE all the little bits and pieces.

    P/s: Maybe you could try acrylic paints instead of store-bought mists like Lindy's for your next canvas. The bottled mists are watercolours which gives the transparent effect but you have to use a lot for coverage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woe Jaya, this is absolutely stunning work, thank you so much for sharing.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. STUNNING< STUNNING and even a little STUNNING x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are awesom Jaya! Love them both....can't believe these are your first attempts! Gorgeous in everyway! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both absolutely stunning, I can't believe it was your first try, I couldn't choose a favourite they are both gorgeous - I love all of the fabulous details.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow Jaya these two are just super gorgeous....you are so clever.
    I have new candy if you are interested.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two fabulous canvasses
    Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create this week
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Love both, I'm more into pastels so that is my favorite. You are really an amazing Mixed Media artist!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning work! Your use of color is fantastic. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jaya I love love your 2nd layout-- such a stunner so many elements and so much technique!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  14. GASP! Oh, my goodness, Jaya. These are AMAZING. I loved the top one, until I saw the second one. I'm not sure which strikes my fancy more. They are each incredible in their own way!

    Hope life's treating you well, my friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are truly amazing!! I especially love the lighter version of the two!
    Soo beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!