Followers

Thursday 31 March 2016

"Love" mixed media Layout for ColourArte

Hello lovely people!
Hope you all are having a good day.
Well today I am here to share with you all a layout I made using the wonderful ColourArte Products.
What I love about the ColourArte products is these colors deliver high Luminescence and vibrant colour to your projects. It makes your work stand out.

Here is a layout I made using these wonderful colours.

Some close-ups





PHOTO TUTORIAL-
**I do apologize for the dark images as these pictures were taken in the night in low light.**

STEP 1-

I started off with a thick black cardstock . Using the Bubbles stencil I applied the ColourArte silks in in a diagonal fashion. I made sure that the colours were random. These paints dry pretty quickly so you don't have to worry about them smudging at all!

STEP 2-

Next was using a different stencil for more texture and variation. I used the the metallic paint pots with the Stripes stencil. Keeping the stripes vertical I sponged some paint onto the stencil.

STEP 3-
For the next step, I used the same same bubbles stencil and some Twinkling H2O in Egyptian Gold and Copper Penny. I made it a point to pour a little water around 5 mins before I wanted to use the paint. For this page I was aiming for really thick and opaque gold colour. After about 5 mins with a little bit of mixing the Twinkling H2O was good to go.

I splattered some of this randomly on the page and some I painted on to the bubbles stencil, Lifted it up and put it painted face down on the paper to get the negative design of the stencil.I also mixed the Egyptian Gold twinkling H2O with some more water and sprayed through the bubble stencil.


STEP 4-
I also painted my chipboard embellishments with the Gold twinkling H20


STEP 7-
Next was painting all my flowers embellishments. I used only white mulberry flowers and a Prima Lyric flower. I painted all these with various shades of ColourArte Silks.


STEP 8-
I also made some embossed vellum flowers and fussy cut them.


STEP 9-
Finally, going onto deciding my pattern. Since I opted for a diagonal look I started to adhere my embellishments and forming a cluster in the same diagonal flow. Here you can see the cluster forming. I repeated the same for the other side.

Here is the final layout.




ColourArte Products used-

Twinkling H20s-  Egyptian Gold
Twinkling H20- Copper penny
ColourArte Luminarte Silks acrylic glaze-  AUTUMN SPLENDOR 
Persimmon
Azurite
Golden Monarch
Chestnut Brown
Moss Green
Wine & Roses


Hope you like my page!
Have a great day ahead :)


47 comments:

  1. Oh wow!!!!! It is BEAUTIFUL- thanks for the tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bountiful of flowers !! Loved how the silks pop on bold back base ..beautiful stenciling !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pooja!:) The silks really work beautifully.

      Delete
  3. WOW!!!! Breath-taking! Too beautiful...
    Thanks a lot for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yey, I can comment Jaya, so pleased that I can tell you what a super creation this one is, such lovely, colour depth and texture.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so generous with your comments Brenda! Thank you :)And thank you so much for the help with my blog!

      Delete
  5. This is so gorgeous Jaya!Love everything on the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ur mix media layouts are just WOW...
    Wish u learn from uu, if u ever had ur workshop in Delhi...��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amrita! I will sure have a workshop in Delhi soon. Will let you know when... :)Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous lay out.....Jaya I always loved ur work !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rajni ji! I really admire your work :)

      Delete
  8. Sorry.....for got to wish u
    All d ver best !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowww this is awe inspiring !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous layout Jaya!! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly inspired layout. You explained beautifully. All the best Jaya

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice..n good tutorial.loved it

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, this is really pretty, thanks for your submission to be apart of the Colouarte DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Terri! So glad you like it.

      Delete
  14. This is absolutely stunning. The colors were so vibrant that I thought it was a digital layout at first. Thank you for such an awesome tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Beth! I love that these colors came out beautifully. So glad you like it. :)

      Delete
  15. Beautiful I love it. Could I ask where the stripes stencil is from please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) The stencils I used were Prima bubbles stencil and Tim Holtz stencil- Stripes.Product code-THS004. Hope that helped.

      Delete
  16. loveee ur LO so stunnig and thanks for the tutorial ;) kisses from Perú

    ReplyDelete
  17. Incredibly beautiful page! I love the bubbles and stripes together and the use of gold and copper really added such great shimmery goodness. Thank you for giving a step x step on how you did this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kathy! I agree.. the gold and copper twinkling H2O work wonders! So glad you like it :)

      Delete
  18. Stunning Beauty!!! Great choice of colors, composition...All the very best!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for breaking it down - wonderful layout.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an amazing page. Thanks for the great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, so lovely!!!
    Thanks for the tutorial and the inspiration!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is stunningly beautiful creation!! total inspiration !! thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely stunning page!! The bg is spectacular!! Love this!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!